I guess you can say DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) is the DKNY of military designs. This month's Mens Journal shows us the GI Joe of 2025. I had to cut these pages out and scan them since you cannot look at it online so I apologize if it's hard to read...click on the picture to view a PDF.
You should subscribe to Men's Journal here (I am hoping this plug will make it okay that I copied two pages from their mag).
1. Computerized Helmet: this is something all of us have seen before, but it's controlled through thought. They've been able to train a monkey to move a robotic arm from up to 600 miles away.
2. Nanomuscles: uniform has nickel-titanium fiber that acts and reacts like human muscle giving a soldiers strength a 25-100% boost.
3. Million-round Gun: I kid you not. A weapon has been created that can shoot a million bullets a minute. In tests already conducted, 36 barrels tied together obliterated 15 doors in 0.2 seconds. They are still trying to figure out how to tote around all the bullets.
4. Fluid Body Armor: This isn't new either. The fluid will immediately turn into a solid if something tries to penetrate it.
5. Lower-body Exoskeleton: Think Sigourney Weaver in Aliens. Holds side machine guns and grenade launcher--and I guess will help lift those millions of bullets!