Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Andy Roddick Wins Big in Der Spiegel



Michelle Malkin posts the following:

He may have dumped Mandy Moore and lost Wimbledon, but American tennis star Andy Roddick won my heart with his answer to a German reporter from Der Spiegel who pestered Roddick about his views on the war in Iraq this weekend:
SPIEGEL ONLINE: What about the war?

Roddick: What's that supposed to mean?

SPIEGEL ONLINE: What do you think about the Iraq war? A mistake?

Roddick: One of my best childhood buddies is fighting down there, and of course I hope he comes out of it OK. Listen, it's not my job to make comments about that. As an American, naturally, I support my country. Some things I agree with, others I don't. Thank God I'm not the one who has to make the decisions there. I don't know enough about the whole situation to pass judgment on it.
Game! Set! Match! Hollywood could learn a lessson or two from this young man about patriotism and intellectual humility.

No comments:

Bookmark Widget