Sunday, July 18, 2004

Black Grandmothers

I am so glad that I spent plenty of time with my "big momma" and my grandmother so that I don't sound like an idiot when some sassy, black woman in the parking lot decides to roll her neck at me.

A woman driving a minivan looks like she is turning into a spot so I go into the spot across the aisle. Lo and behold, she is actually supposed to be "backing" into a space and not pulling into a space like most people do.

Unfortunately, my "read-your-mind" ability was shut off, so we got into a thro' down shouting match outside the grocery store that had to be solved by getting a police officer.

Luckily for me, my sharp "ebonic" tongue won the battle and she went down in flames--I was waiting for her to call me something racist so I could school her even further.

But I have a shit-eating grin on my face at the moment because if I was in Def Comedy Jam she would have been boo'ed off stage!

I is the shiznit!

No comments:

Bookmark Widget